Post Ref: TEACH/21/00417
Department: Academy Schools
- Salary details: (Grade F – Point 12 - 17) £22,183 - £24,491 pro-rata actual salary c. £18,846 - £20,807
- Employment Status: Full Time, term time only including inset days
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Closing date: 20 June 2021
- Interview date: Monday 5 July 2021
Start date: 2nd September 2021
We are looking to recruit a calm, self-motivated and hardworking Pastoral Care Worker to support the behaviourand pastoral welfare of students in a busy Junior School, on a permanent basis.
While this post is based at Canford Heath Junior School, TEACH employees are employed by the Trust and as such may be asked to work at any of our four schools.
We are looking for a good team player to join our friendly team, who can work well independently and with initiative. The ideal candidate will be professional, confidential, adaptable and flexible and be able to work under pressure.
The applicant should be able to work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the continuity and progress of individual pupils, especially with regard to self-esteem.
The applicant should have good computer and typing skills, a good phone manner and excellent communication skills. It would be useful if the candidate has had experience of SIMS and ‘My Concern’ but it is not essential. The candidate should have experience of dealing with safeguarding and liaising with various agencies to support pupils and families.
- Are keen to work in a supportive, learning environment
- Work well in a team
- Are able to bring energy and enthusiasm to the role
We can offer you:
- Fun, friendly and supportive staff who get on well together
- Rights’ Respecting pupils with excellent attitudes to learning and high standards and expectations of behaviour
- Superb opportunities and specialist training for career professional development within our Trust
- A fantastic induction programme
- Enviable support at all levels, and a proactive approach to staff well-being, work-life balance and care for each person as an individual, including the ability to take time off during term time
- Beautiful school grounds and welcoming learning environments
Please contact our HR Department on 01202 380015 for more information. Applications should be made online at http://jobs.bcpcouncil.gov.uk. We do not accept CV applications.
Closing date: Sunday 20th June 2021 (midnight)
Interview date: Monday 5th July 2021
Personal information provided by candidates will be securely filed electronically and password protected, with paper copies locked in filing cabinets in a locked office. They will not be released to third parties outside the school without the consent of the person concerned, except where there is a legal requirement to do so. If the application does not proceed, the data will be securely disposed of after 6 months. Any concerns regarding data gathered in the recruitment process should be directed to the Data Manager – Hayley Hemmings at firstname.lastname@example.org
These schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials including an enhanced DBS check. Suitability to work with children will be explored at interview.