Post Ref: 10553
Department: Inclusion & Family Services
- Salary details: £20,092 - £21,749 (pay award pending)
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 16 October 2022
Childcare Supervisor Little Explorers
Little Explorers is a full day care nursery based next to Somerford Family Hub, Christchurch. We are open from 8-6pm for 5 days per week for 50 weeks per year, providing care and education for children aged from 3 months to 4 years. The nursery has three rooms each with their own garden, as well as a sensory room. The nursery is owned by BCP Council, which offers a host of additional benefits, such as a good pension and competitive rates of pay.
We are a supportive and enthusiastic team looking for a friendly, energetic, knowledgeable, Childcare Supervisor with experience in a supervisory/room leader role seeking a full-time post.
The successful candidate will:
- assist and support the setting manager in the effective and efficient daily running of the whole nursery through planning, preparation, reflection and evaluation
- maintain the high standards of care when supervising and providing for the children
- be confident to deputise in the absence of the manager and willing to be a key holder.
- be qualified to BTEC or NVQ Level 3 including Baby Module, or equivalent qualification
- have had early years Special Educational Needs training or must be willing to train
- have a natural passion and flare to helping every child and their family achieve to their full potential
- reliable, flexible, an effective communicator and work well as part of a team, with a secure knowledge of the EYFS curriculum.
As a council employee at Little Explorers Day Nursery you will have:
- access to cutting edge early years practice development
- a permanent full-time contract: 37 hours a week all year round with hours varying between 8.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday
- a good rate of pay
- access to the Local Government pension scheme
- regular performance management meetings
- various other council benefits
Interviews will be by MS Team invite. Successful applicants will be contacted and alternative interview dates can be arranged
For an informal chat please call Sally on 01202 480733 for more information.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.