Post Ref: 7264
Department: C&YP Social Care
- Salary details: £31,371 to 37,849 plus 20% unsociable hours payment (Pro Rata)
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Hours: 18.5 per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 13 December 2019
- Interview date: TBC
Out of Hours Childrens Social Worker Level 2 & 3 plus 20% supplement for working unsociable hours
The BCP Children’s Out of Hours team are looking for a Part time Social Worker who is willing to work most weekends and bank holidays, with occasional over-night “on-call duties.” To join our specialist team, delivering high quality responses to children and young people, when day services close, keeping them safe until the next working day.
12 months ago we successfully redesigned the Out of Hours service to maximise its effectiveness in protecting vulnerable children and ensure that it is set up in a way that increased both capacity and quality. As we move forward there are opportunities to further develop the contribution of the team as part of our First Response Service as we integrate with the BCP MASH and Assessment teams.
OOHS are based in Poole and work across BCP. The team provide social work interventions and urgent risk assessments that range from advice and guidance, through to child protection investigations and placing children in care.
The work is challenging and unique. If you like the buzz of duty and referral work and not knowing what you may have to respond to next; then this is the job for you. No two shifts are ever the same. If you enjoy working creatively in a solution focused way, then we would love to hear from you.
Evenings (17:00 to 00:30)
Weekends: day time 08:30-17:00 & Evenings - 17:00-00:30
On-call duties – 00:30-08:30 Remote working from home if called.
In the Out of Hours team you will need to:
• Risk Assess varied and complex situations.
• Be confident in Child protection and Safeguarding work.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Have excellent prioritisation skills.
• Work independently in an efficient and focused way.
• Be part of a rota and work a varied shift pattern each month.
We are proud of our commitment to:
• Supporting and supervising all our social care workforce
• Providing opportunities for all our staff as they develop and progress their professional careers.
• Providing regular training opportunities.
You will have:
• A professional social work qualification: Social Work degree, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent and HCPC registration
• Substantial post qualification experience working in social work with children and families.
• Experience of working in a multi agency and/or disciplinary setting
• Commitment to being a team player who will work flexibly to deliver a critical service.
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole are well known as wonderful places to live and work. We have beautiful protected beaches, the Jurassic coastline and the New Forest National Park on our doorstep but also enjoy easy access to major motorway links.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.