Post Ref: 5660
Department: Destination & Culture
- Salary details: £11582
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 11 July 2022
- Interview date: 19th July 2022
Level 2 Countryside Worker Apprenticeship at Upton Country Park
This post is for up to 18 months.
37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Operations Team at Upton Country Park, Poole. As one of valued Apprentices you will be embedded in the day to day operation of this busy and award winning Country Park, gaining a range of experience including;
- Countryside management in a variety of habitats including SSSI shoreline, woodland, shoreline, grassland and lakes.
- Working alongside and experienced Ranger
- Practical estate skills including fencing, pathways, vegetation clearance and other maintenance tasks.
- Horticulture experience to support in our fantastic Grade II* listed gardens
- Working with a range of volunteers
- Wildlife monitoring
- Event and visitor engagement, working alongside the Visitors Services Team to provide interpretation, guided walks and support larger events across the year.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the outdoors, be willing to work outdoors in all weathers and be keen to complete a Level 2 Countryside Worker Apprenticeship. The formal learning component of the Apprenticeship will be provided by Kingston Maurward College in Dorchester and will require an English and Maths assessment to be completed prior to enrolment. Travel to and from Upton Country Park and Kingston Maurward is the responsibility of the successful candidate.
If you would like further information on the opportunity, please call Adam Butcher on 01202 123018.