Post Ref: KK7951
Department: ICT & Customer Support
- Salary details: £38,813 - £41,675
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 August 2019
- Interview date: Week Commencing 26th August 2019
Are you looking for a different challenge? Do you want to work with a highly motivated, friendly and technically competent team that is helping to shape and implement a consolidated line of business application portfolio for the new combined Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council (BCP Council)?
We are looking for an outstanding ICT Application Support Team Leader. Your role will be to lead on delivery of key line of business applications to a diverse estate through the efficient leadership of the Application Support Team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and direction for the ICT Application Support team, ensuring that value for money is achieved through effective use of people, budgets and assets.
- Development of proposals for investment or service improvements of business applications and leading on the implementation of such changes.
- Ensuring that the business application estate is aligned to organisational strategy and agreed technology roadmaps.
- Work with all infrastructure specialisms & business partners to proactively identify opportunities to develop and improve ICT application service provision for the Council and its partners.
- Ensuring the ongoing integrity and availability of business applications and electronic data.
The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, have a solid technical understanding of key application platforms (MSSQL, Oracle, Red Hat Linux and Cloud based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) and will be confident leading an agile technical team in multiple locations across the conurbation.
We can offer:
- a comprehensive induction;
- training and personal development opportunities;
- plenty of opportunities to be creative, including designing and implementing new solutions;
- cross working with other ICT teams to further diversify your skillsets.
- generous flexi-time scheme.
Starting salary is dependent on current qualifications and experience.
The role is based mainly in Poole Civic Centre; although regular travel between the Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch sites will be necessary.