A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join us an Apprentice Accountancy Officer whilst obtaining a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Accounting and Finance.
Our Alliance Finance Department of around 80 provide payroll, purchasing & exchequer, and accountancy services across both Devon & Cornwall Police and Dorset Police.
The team are based across both headquarters’ sites in Exeter (Devon and Cornwall) and Winfrith (Dorset), and the roles are hybrid which allows for regular home working. Members of the team live across all 3 counties ranging from Launceston to Poole.
This is a great opportunity to join a truly collaborative Finance team supporting two Force’s.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, you will provide a professional technical financial and business management service, ensuring all processes are compliant and meet the statutory accounting standards. This includes the control, proper utilisation and employment of the organisation’s resources and assets. You will provide proactive financial support to specific areas of business activity to support organisational projects, and relevant, timely and accurate financial information to budget managers.
We are looking to hear from potential applicants who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to customer service. If you can evidence the ability to organise your own time and work in a structured way, with experience of using computer packages then we would like to hear from you.
You will receive learning on Accounting and Finance through the apprenticeship and with in-house support.
This role can be based at our Devon and Cornwall Police Headquarters in Exeter or Dorset Police Headquarters in Winfrith. As this is a hybrid role there is an opportunity for regular home working.
Part-time hours are considered.
This is a great opportunity not only to join our Police Force, but to be a part of one of Devon and Cornwall/Dorset's largest employers and gain from all the benefits that brings.
An apprenticeship (Level 2 Accounting and Finance) will be linked to this vacancy for which you will be provided with a minimum of 6 hours protected learning time per week to attend training with the learning provider and/or study time.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the salary for an Accountancy Officer will be at Grade D (currently £24,921 – £27,351)
- A competitive salary with yearly increments once the apprenticeship is completed
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Development and training opportunities available such as support to complete formal accounting qualifications.
- Free onsite parking.
- Access to subsidised gym membership at our Police headquarters as well as other Police sites throughout the county
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
Please see Job description attached for further details
To apply for this role please click here