Full time, term time only, fixed term for one year.
We are seeking to appoint a confident and professional Behaviour Support Mentor to join the Nigel Bowes Academy – an outstanding special school for pupils aged 5-12 who present predominantly with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. Duties may include: supporting the systems and procedures of safeguarding and family pastoral work, under supervision, therefore flexibility with working hours and the ability to travel are essential.
The role of Behaviour Support Mentor (BSM) is to support an inclusive and high-quality learning environment for our pupils, using a solution focused, pupil-centred and consistent approach. As a BSM you will be working with all colleagues and key stakeholders to ensure and promote excellent pupil-centred practice, within our Respectful, Safe and Resilient vision. You will resolve difficulties which are causing wellbeing and safety concerns as quickly and effectively as possible, promoting learning, progress, ownership and leadership. The successful candidate will have a flexible approach, knowledge and experience of working with children in KS1-2 who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The post requires someone who is highly resilient, able to work well as a member of a successful team and someone who has highly developed interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour.
What we have to Offer:
- A visible and approachable senior leadership team and an enthusiastic and committed team of teachers and support staff.
- A strong support network both within the school and across Ambitions Academies Trust.
- All staff are part of a professional learning community in which evidence-informed CPD is designed to meet individual needs.
- Strong potential for career progression.
- A culture that respects work-life balance and an ongoing commitment to wellbeing with a dedicated Wellbeing Champion.
- An Employee Assistance Programme including in the moment support and counselling sessions with an external provider.
- AAT Staff benefits include free eye testing for DSE users through Specsavers, free will writing through Dunham McCarthy Solicitors and reduced price corporate gym membership through BH Live.
- A competitive pension through The Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff.
Should you wish to arrange a visit or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Charlotte Hampson, HR Academy Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023 at 8am.
Link to apply online: https://www.mynewterm.com/jobs/137998/EDV-2023-NBA-42783
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offering excellent CPD opportunities
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as AAT reserves the right to close applications early.
Please note we DO NOT accept applications by CV and are unable to offer Visa Sponsorship.
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks and an online search
High Expectations lead to High Achievers