Post Ref: DPLMAM
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 20 November 2020
Cover Personal Assistant DPLMAM
Bournemouth BH6 area
About the Role:
We are looking for self-employed Personal Care Assistants to be cover for when the main carer is off sick or on holiday. The position is to provide support to our Client who has poor mobility and has been diagnosed with Hypertension, kidney failure, macular degeneration/cataracts, type 2 Diabetes and has a stoma due to having bowel cancer.
All these conditions affect their daily living.
The Client requires assistance, support and prompting with daily tasks to enable them to have control over day to day life.
We are looking for 3 hours a week on a regular basis, days and times to be confirmed. Also, up to 21 hours cover support per week (Monday-Sunday). Hours to be confirmed.
If you are self-employed please advise your rates for consideration. Alternatively, can be on an employed basis @ £10 per hour.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure basic hygiene needs are being met which will involve helping the client to shower daily, washing/bathing of eyes, help with routine of stoma and oral care, checking skin, applying creams and eye drops, administering medication, help in accessing the toilet and help in dressing and undressing.
- Domestic tasks such as basic housework to maintain a habitable and safe home. Preparation of hot meals and drinks.
- Maintaining family or other personal relationships.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of stoma care is also essential.
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 451863.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org