Post Ref: DPHRGGJ
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Closing date: 28 August 2020
Personal Care Assistant (Bournemouth, BH6)
£10.50 an hour - 7am & 11am (Mon-Fri). Employed PA.
£10.84 per hour - if flexible additional hours are worked - during evenings (from 7pm), weekends and bank holidays.
I had an accident a number of years ago, resulting in a mild brain injury. This has led to other health conditions. I struggle with day to day tasks. I have good days and bad days. I enjoy art, and I am hoping to continue a University Course in September.
About the Role:
I am looking for a team of Personal Care Assistants to support me in my home and to support me to take care of my 13 year old daughter.
I am supported by a head P.A (Mon- Fri 11am-7pm)
Job role / responsibilities:
- support to ensure my Google calendar accurately reflects the times of my appointments and activities. Support to book and attend all medical and social appointments.
- support to attend social events and support me to go shopping.
- support for possible travel to London hospitals when required (additional hours available)
- support to keep my admin paperwork organised.
- support on occasions, throughout the year (additional hours available)– some night cover / weekends may be required
- support to get out of bed and to dress in the mornings when I’m having one of my unwell days
- support with some personal hygiene
- support and administration of medication (training will be given)
- support me to prepare meals and drinks
- Support with domestic duties
- Support me with my role as a mother, with my 13 year old daughter
- Non-smoker & Non-Vaper due to allergies, anaphylaxis & Mass Cell
- P.C. & smart phone capable
- Previous experience of supporting people with a mild head injury is advantageous
- Must have excellent organisational skills
- Must be pro-active and able to use own initiative to complete tasks
- Must be flexible with working times, within reason
- Must have understanding, patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Must be confident to be directive as and when required
- Must be legally able to work in UK
DBS checks will be carried out
Full, clean driving licence with business insurance and own vehicle.
Please note you will be working directly for the person who needs support, or their family and they will have all the responsibilities as your employer.
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify in your contact your availability and preferred working hours.