Post Ref: DPHRLS
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 20 November 2020
Personal Assistant/Carer/Support worker
About the Role:
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to provide support to a lady, who has physical health and mental health difficulties. She lives in Southbourne area.
We are looking for a total of 25 hours a week, 5 days a week, Monday-Friday 9am-2pm
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- assist me in taking medication - no medical knowledge required
- help caring for skin, feet, nails and hair care (female preferred due to personal needs requirements)
- assisting and reminding me to eat and drink when required
- undertaking household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, putting clothes away, hoovering, dusting and cleaning
- undertaking preparation and cooking of meals and drinks
- shopping and/or assisting me with shopping
- filing and mailing my correspondence
- running errands, collecting and carrying things on my behalf
- making and changing beds
- collection of my prescriptions
- escorting me to medical appointments when required
- escorting me to meetings and recreation including visits to the theatre, church and cinema when able
- doing simple maintenance (oil, water, cleaning etc.) of my car
- pushing my wheelchair on walks and local trips
- general maintenance of the outside of my house such as clearing snow, leaves, ice and some gardening
- Accompanying me when I am walking my 2 large dogs.
Hourly Rate: £10.50 employed
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of a brain injury is advantageous
- Confident around animals as we have 2 lively dogs, a rabbit and a hamster.
- Be physically able to assist me with crossing the road and keeping me safe (I do not have any mobility difficulties and can walk unaided, I just need support to pay attention and cross safely)
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license is essential
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not your prospective employer. You will be employed by the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Job Description for more details.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org