Post Ref: DPHRRH
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 14 February 2020
Personal Care Assistant – Charminster Area of Bournemouth
We are looking for a Personal Care Assistant to provide support to one of our female clients, who has been diagnosed with mental health difficulties. She requires support with accessing the community and daily tasks.
The vacancy is for 6 hours support per week over 2/3 days.
Our client would like someone who is registered as self-employed. (Must be registered with HMRC, have their own Public Liability Insurance and Terms and Conditions)
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Support to access activities and groups in the community to enable client to explore new interests and build new friendships.
- Support to attend appointments as required.
- Support with shopping.
- Monitor/prompt with personal hygiene.
- To support with household bills and paperwork.
- Prompting to ensure medication is taken.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role and knowledge of mental health difficulties is essential
- Confident and calm person who is able to reassure client if she becomes agitated.
- Reliable and flexible with hours.
- Full clean driving licence.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact the Personal Budgets Team on 01202 451863 or send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com