Post Ref: DPLMES
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 15 May 2020
Self - Employed Personal Assistant
Christchurch – BH23 area
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to provide support to our Client, who suffers with chronic back pain, Diabetes, Hypertension, Spondylitis of the neck, Diverticulitis which can cause at times double incontinence and breathlessness. The Client requires support and gentle prompting with daily tasks.
The Client can also experience low mood and anxiety. The Client’s movement is limited due to experiencing pain and is at risk of falling.
We are looking for 15 ¾ hours support per week, AM – 1 hour x 7 days per week, LT – 45 minutes x 7 days per week, food shopping - 1 hour x 2 days per week, Domestic - 1 ½ hours x 1 day per week. Times to be confirmed.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure basic hygiene needs are being met which will involve supervising client whilst showering/washing, supporting and assisting in getting undressed/dressed, supporting with taking medication and supporting and encouraging regular eating.
- Domestic tasks such as basic housework and food shopping.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of chronic back pain, Diabetes, Hypertension, Spondylitis, Diverticulitis is advantageous.
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable.
- Confident to be directive as and when required.
- DBS Check will be required.
- Legally Able to Work in UK.
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 451863.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to email@example.com