Post Ref: DPZBAM
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 15 May 2020
Self Employed Personal Assistant
Personal Care Assistant
Bournemouth – BH6
About the Role:
We are looking to for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to provide support to our brother, who has been diagnosed with moderate learning disability, William’s Syndrome, Asthma and Diabetes, and has also suffered a stroke. He requires support and gentle prompting with daily tasks.
Our brother enjoys listening to music, especially live music, watching television and the horror channels and completing puzzles, he also has a great interest in aeroplanes, and trains. He is interested in nature. He likes sport; football and wrestling. He is a sociable person and enjoys meeting new people. He does not like change, his routine makes him feel safe.
We are looking for 44 hours support per year. Hours can be used flexibly.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- To be supported to access the community and the resources within it safely
- Encourage socialising with friends and visiting places of interest where appropriate
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org