Post Ref: DPZBMC2
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Salary details: £10 per hour
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 23 November 2019
Personal Care Assistant - £10.00ph – Bournemouth BH3 area
About the Role:
I am looking for a Personal Care Assistant to help me with day to day tasks including personal care, so I can maintain my chosen lifestyle and lead an independent and valued life in my local community.
I fractured by back in 1998, which means I now use a wheelchair to get around. I am a recovering alcoholic and have several health issues relating to this.
I am looking for 24 hours support per week. Hours can be flexible and pay rate is £10.00 per hour.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist with personal care mornings and evenings, including treating bed sores
- Assist with food preparation
- Accompany me when requested to activities, social venues, meetings, etc.
- Assist with correspondence, making phone calls, etc.
- Assist / support with medication
- Assist with light housework when I am unable to do it myself - including general cleaning, dusting, hoovering, mopping the floor, washing up, laundry, etc.
- Assistance with shopping
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential
- Must be trained in first aid and manual handling
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Must respect my possessions and equipment and use them only with my prior consent
- Must respect my relationships with family, friends and visitors
- Will be able to discuss any problems with me (and my designated representative) as soon as possible so that the matter can be resolved before becoming a major issue
- Must understand the importance of preserving my dignity and independence in the working relationship
- Must understand that your personal and / or family life should not impact on your responsibilities as an employee
- Must respect my right to make my own decisions and carry out all tasks consistent with my wishes
- Must respect my right to privacy and treat everything you see, hear and do as confidential
- Undertake training as required
- Full clean driving license
- Must be legally able to work in UK
- DBS checks will be carried out
Please note you will be working directly for the person who needs support, or their family and they will have all the responsibilities as your employer.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please email email@example.com quoting reference DPZBMC