Post Ref: DPZBOBU
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Salary details: £10 per hour (pro rata if part time)
- Employment Status: Various hours available
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 23 November 2019
Personal Care Assistant - £10 ph – Bournemouth BH11
About the Role:
I am looking for a Personal Care Assistant to work Sundays for 2.25 hours. Times flexible.
My Mum, has been diagnosed with Dementia with Lewy Bodies, along with other medical conditions. She is a type 2 insulin dependent diabetic and due to this she had a below limb amputation on her left leg and can’t walk for long distances although she is fine for short distances. She requires support and gentle prompting with daily tasks.
My mum loves going to garden centres, out for coffee, cinema and theatre trips. She also has bingo evenings and coffee mornings around her house on a regular basis for her neighbours as she loves to socialise.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Monitoring my mum with her tablets and helping her with her insulin
- Ensure basic hygiene needs are being met which will involve some personal care with toileting, although my mum can generally manage this herself
- Support to carry out daily dressing tasks, and laundry tasks as per my mum’s weekly schedule including putting washing loads on, hanging out to dry, ironing, folding and putting away.
- Physical / emotional support and encouragement to be as involved in these tasks as possible.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of dementia care is advantageous
- Must have patience and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full clean driving license
- DBS checks will be carried out
- Legally able to work in UK
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not your prospective employer. You will be employed by the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Job Description for more details.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact Zona Bray 01202 451863 or send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org