Post Ref: DPLMMM
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 20 November 2020
Personal Assistant – Ref: DPLMMM
Bournemouth – BH5 area.
About the Role:
We are looking for a team of three self-employed Personal Care Assistants to provide support to our Client who has severe learning disabilities, epilepsy and complex behaviours which affects their daily living. The Client requires assistance, support and prompting with daily tasks to enable them to have control over day to day life. The Client needs help to develop independent living skills. Monitoring in the home is always required but not intensively.
We are looking for 66 hours support per week over 49 weeks per year plus 3 weeks 24-hour respite.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure basic hygiene needs are being met which will involve maintaining, prompting and assisting in showering. Support in using the toilet. Assisting in cleaning teeth, nail and hair care. Assisting in dressing in clean and appropriate clothing. Assisting in eating and drinking.
- Domestic tasks such as basic housework to maintain a habitable home and preparing meals.
- To be taken out into the community to make use of necessary facilities or services.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of learning disabilities and epilepsy is advantageous
- Must have patience and reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 451863.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org.