Post Ref: DPLMNP
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 November 2021
Personal Assistant – job reference: DPLMNP
Bournemouth, BH8 area.
About the Role:
Self Employed Personal Assistant required to provide Support to disabled gentleman. The vacancy is 30 hrs per week consisting of mornings, afternoons and night's, including weekends.
Ideal applicant will have relevant experience supporting adults with learning disabilities/complex needs/challenging behaviour. Be able to use initiative. Possess the ability to build positive relationships. Be flexible, adaptable and enjoy working towards goals.
Applicant to be confident working in client’s home, providing a high standard of person-centred support to include (but not limited to):
Supporting client with practical living skills. Supporting client with personal care routine/toileting /transfers. Administering medication. Encouraging client to express his individuality. Promoting effective communication. Be responsive to clients changing needs, wishes and preferences. Monitoring and recording progress. Being consistent in method and approach always. Supporting client to access community in his vehicle (full driving licence required). Preparation of meals, snacks and drinks.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of learning difficulties and challenging behaviour care is advantageous
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license
- References required
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 123961
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to Personalbudgets.email@example.com