Post Ref: DPHRTW
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Contract Type: Variable Hours
- Closing date: 20 November 2020
Personal Assistant DPHRTW
Bournemouth BH8 near Castlepoint.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to provide support to a gentleman, who has had a stroke. He requires support with accessing the community and daily tasks around his home.
We are looking for 15 hours support per week, this can be a job share. Hours are over a few days a week, Monday to Friday usually starting around 10.30am, however times and days are negotiable. Please advise your availability.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Duties: To assist a Gentleman who has had a stroke, he has difficulty with communication and mobility, he is able to walk short distances unaided. Support with communication tasks, arranging appointments on the telephone. Support with admin that requires verbal communication. Support required with getting out into the community such as going to the gym and shopping. Also support with domestic tasks and some personal care, shaving when required.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is preferred and knowledge and/or experience of stroke/brain injury
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact Hayley Ridgway 0772 111 6316 .
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to Hayley.email@example.com