Post Ref: 11064
Department: Growth & Infrastructure
- Salary details: £36,371 - £39,571
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 Hrs a week
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Closing date: 30 May 2022
- Interview date: 6th or 7th June
x2 Urban Designers – Planning (1 year contract)
We are looking for experienced Urban Designers to cover maternity leave and provide additional capacity in our Urban Design and Heritage Team in the Planning Service.
Born out of Local Government Reorganisation in 2019, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole have come together to form the 10th largest urban local authority in England.
The potential for investment, economic growth and regeneration is huge. We have an emerging Local Plan that will need to deliver a step change in growth rates over the next 5 years and beyond.
BCP is a place where culture and heritage meet innovation and modernity, village meets town, country meets coast, creativity meets digital, businesses flourish and people thrive. BCP’s natural environment is outstanding and make it a great place to be for quality of life and to find interesting and challenging work.
We welcome problem solving, creative, ambitious and forward-thinking approaches - in working flexibly and collaboratively across our organisation and with our customers and community, to deliver our services.
Key areas of work will include:
- Providing urban design advice for major development proposals and works to the public realm.
- Preparing development briefs and other design guides
- Being a point of contact for liaison and advice on urban design matters both within and outside the Council.
- Researching urban design issues, providing evidence, helping develop policy and supplementary guidance and representing the Council at Local Plan examinations, appeals and enforcement matters.
- Participating in community engagement and consultation as needed.
A significant amount of the role could be carried out working remotely but some site visits and face to face meetings will be needed.
We may choose to close the advert early if sufficient suitable candidates apply.
For queries please contact:
Caroline Peach – Urban Design and Conservation Manager