Post Ref: AAIS/22/11183
Department: Academy Schools
- Salary details: Salary Grade D (Point 5 - 6) £19,650 - £20,043 pro-rata Actual salary c.£4512 to £4602
- Employment Status: Part Time, term time only including inset days
- Hours: 10 per week 1.00pm – 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 24 May 2022
- Interview date: Friday 10th June 2022
EMOTIONAL LITERACY SUPPORT ASSISTANT
AD ASTRA INFANT SCHOOL
Salary Grade D (Point 5 - 6) £19,650 - £20,043 pro-rata
10 hours per week
Actual salary c.£4512 to £4602
1.00pm – 3.00pm Monday to Friday
Term time only including INSET days
Permanent – start date ASAP
The TEACH Poole Multi Academy Trust was formed in April 2015. All four of our wonderful schools are graded as good or outstanding schools by Ofsted. We are extremely popular, over-subscribed, forward-thinking schools with supportive staff and fantastic children.
We are looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic individual with sound experience of working with children who have a variety of educational needs. The successful candidate will be employed by the Trust as a whole, and will work under the direction of the Pastoral Care Worker, to support children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
• Work within the school as part of a team
• Work with either individuals or groups of children who are experiencing difficulties with emotional literacy or other aspects of school or home life
• Establish supportive, caring and secure relationships with children and parents / carers
• Develop knowledge of a range of learning and behavioural support needs, to plan, devise and implement programmes to help develop children’s emotional literacy skills and well-being
• Are an excellent communicator, with patience, calmness and good organisational skills
• Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
• Are committed to developing children as independent learners
We can offer you:
• Fun, friendly and supportive staff who get on well together
• Rights’ Respecting pupils with excellent attitudes to learning and outstanding behaviour
• Superb opportunities and specialist training for career professional development within our Trust
• A fantastic induction programme
• Enviable support at all levels, and a proactive approach to staff well-being, work-life balance and care for each person as an individual, including the ability to take time off during term time
• Beautiful school grounds and welcoming learning environments
• Highly competitive rates of pay and excellent pension contributions by the Trust.
Experience of working within a school in a role such as this is desirable, but not essential.
Please contact the HR department on 01202 380015 if you would like a tour of the schools or for more information. Applications should be made online at www.jobsatpoole.com. For safeguarding reasons, we do not accept CV applications.
Closing date: Tuesday 24th May 2022
Interviews: Friday 10th June 2022
These schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials including an enhanced DBS check. Suitability to work with children will be explored at interview.
Personal information provided by candidates will be securely filed electronically and password protected and paper copies locked in filing cabinets in a locked office. They will not be released to third parties outside the school without the consent of the person concerned, except where there is a legal requirement to do so. If the application does not proceed, the data will be securely disposed of after 6 months. Any concerns regarding data gathered in the recruitment process should be directed to the Data Manager – Hayley Hemmings at email@example.com