Post Ref: CHJS/22/11254
Department: Academy Schools
- Salary details: Grade D (Point 5 - 6) £19,650 to £20,043 pa (Actual salary c.£5640 to £5752 pa)
- Employment Status: Part Time, term time only including inset days
- Hours: 12.50 hours per week 12.00pm – 3.10pm four days per week (to include a Friday, but flexibility for day off)
- Closing date: 20 June 2022
- Interview date: 29 June 2022
Term time only + 4 INSET days
Required for September 2022
The TEACH Poole Multi Academy Trust was formed in April 2015. All four of our wonderful schools are graded as good or outstanding schools by Ofsted. We are extremely popular, over-subscribed, forward-thinking schools with supportive staff and fantastic children.
We are looking to appoint a Junior School Librarian to join our Trust with the skills to work with the junior school age range, on a permanent basis. Staff will be employed by the Trust as a whole, but there is currently a vacancy at Canford Heath Junior School.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Library team across the Trust and will lead a well-stocked and highly valued school library. They will also be responsible for managing the school’s House Point reward system as part of this role.
- Are keen to work in a supportive, learning environment, and able to use IT equipment
- Have experience of working in a library environment (desirable but not essential)
- Are able to bring energy and enthusiasm to the role, leading whole classes in the library on a regular basis
- Have an interest in children’s literature and value the importance of reading and the enjoyment of reading.
In return we can offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Rights’ Respecting pupils with excellent attitudes to learning and outstanding behaviour
- Superb opportunities and specialist training for professional development within our Trust
- A fantastic induction programme
- Enviable support at all levels and a proactive approach to staff wellbeing, work life balance, including the ability to take time off in term time
- Beautiful school grounds and welcoming learning environments
- Highly competitive rates of pay and excellent pension contributions by the Trust
Experience of working within a school in a role such as this is desirable, but not essential.
Please contact the HR department on 01202 380015 if you would like a tour of the school or for more information. Applications should be made online at http://jobs.bcpcouncil.gov.uk. For safeguarding reasons, we do not accept CV applications.
Closing date: Monday 20th June 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 29th June 2022
These schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials including an enhanced DBS check. Suitability to work with children will be explored at interview.
Personal information provided by candidates will be securely filed electronically and password protected and paper copies locked in filing cabinets in a locked office. They will not be released to third parties outside the school without the consent of the person concerned, except where there is a legal requirement to do so. If the application does not proceed, the data will be securely disposed of after 6 months. Any concerns regarding data gathered in the recruitment process should be directed to the Data Manager – Hayley Hemmings at email@example.com