Post Ref: DPLWER
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Casual
- Contract Type: Casual
- Closing date: 14 February 2020
Personal Assistant Required – 24 Hours per week
This post is open to a self-employed PA only. (Must be registered as self-employed with HMRC, have own public liability insurance and able to provide contract of services.)
We are looking for an experienced personal assistant for a young woman with an acquired brain injury and subsequent aphasia, we are looking for a fun, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who highlights peoples strengths with a focus on promoting independence and enhancing life opportunities and aspirations.
Prior to her brain injury, the young women worked abroad for much of her life. She currently works part time locally.
She is independent with all personal care and domestic tasks.
Experience in working with adults with complex communication needs is essential as misunderstanding or incorrect interpretation of information can cause frustrations. Due to her complex communication needs, experience of working with individuals with behaviours that can challenge is also required.
The post offers an exciting opening for a flexible and innovative person who has a genuine interest and commitment in supporting someone to further their independence and recovery.
- Experience working with people with acquired brain injury (if possible)
- Excellent communication skills – Assistance required to support communication in local community.
- Excellent IT Skills – Ability to support to transfer documents/information to computer/to transfer pictures/download music/organise files/Use memory stick.
- Flexibility (Able to work mornings/afternoons and evenings)
- Full UK Driving licence to support with days out.
- Provide support and encouragement to successful engage and maintain engagement with community services/activities.
- Assist with correspondence.
- Assisting with organisation of time/tasks.
- Ensuring service user involvement.
Please send your CV by email to email@example.com