Post Ref: DPAS/CP/EH/17178
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Salary details: £9 per hour
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Hourly Rate: £9
- Hours: 4
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 27 August 2019
A Personal Assistant/Support Worker is required to assist with a variety of tasks that will support the employer to live an independent personal and social life
Location:BH21 ~ Merley area.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be providing support for a female adult suffering with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Chronic Pelvic Pain which causes her to become extremely tired and spells of being unwell. This impacts on her caring responsibilities with her family and you would be providing assistance with cooking and some domestic duties too.
The person required will be expected to:
- Understand the importance of following the client’s expressed needs or wishes.
- Have general good health and fitness to undertake tasks required.
- Be flexible in attitude and approach.
- Have a flexible approach in availability on occasions when needed eg. Employer’s appointments.
- Be respectful of the home environment and of other members of the household.
- Appreciate the importance of confidentiality.
- Hold a non judgemental attitude to the employer’s values and beliefs.
- Undertake any duties which are reasonably allocated and fall within the scope and responsibility of this job
For more information about this role and for a full list of duties please see the attached Job Description
To apply: Please apply online or contact the BCP Direct Payments Advice Service at
or call us on 01202 261133 to request an application form.
If you require further information or for an informal discussion about this role please contact the team on 01202 261133.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not your prospective employer. You will be employed by the individual we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Job Description for more details.