Post Ref: DPAS/NT/NP
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Salary details: £9.00 per hour (pro rata if part time)
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Hours: 36 ( across four waking nights) - negotiable
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 08 December 2019
A Personal Care Assistant/Support Worker is required to assist with a variety of tasks that will support the employer to live an independent personal and social life.
Location: BH17 ~ Poole
Hours: 36 per week spread across four waking nights (2230 - 0730). Please note the amount of nights can be negotiated
About the role:
The successful candidate will be providing support for a young lady who has autism and learning disabilities by
- joining part of the team of carers who provide 24 hour support for her
- covering 'waking nights' four times each week
- keeping her calm if she wakes up anxious or distressed
- dealing with epileptic seizures
- administering medication as necessary.
The person required will be expected to:
- Have experience of working with people with autism and epilepsy is desirable but this is not essential
- Be patient and understanding
- Be happy to work as part of the team
For more information about this role and a full list of duties please see the attached Job Description
To apply: Simply email us your CV, with a covering note, quoting the Post Reference to
or contact us; the BCP Direct Payments Advice Service on 01202 261133. We can supply an application form if you have no formal CV.
If you require further information or for an informal discussion about this role please feel free to contact us by either of the links above, always quote the Post Reference.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not your prospective employer. You will be employed by the individual we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Job Description for more details.