Post Ref: DPHRZM
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 November 2021
Self Employed Personal Assistant
Personal Assistant/Carer/Support worker
About the Role:
We are looking to for a self-employed Personal Assistant to provide support to a client, who is a lady with a diagnosis of secondary MS, IBS, anxiety and depression. She lives in BH11 area of Bournemouth.
We are looking for 3 hours support per week (to access the community) plus 3 x 45 mins calls (for support with showering), days and time to be flexible and mutually agreed. Please advise your availability
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Supporting client to access the community including going to local groups
- Supporting the client to go shopping
- Accompanying the client to go for local walks including the beach
- Other social outings as agreed
- Support 3 x 45mins a week for showering
Ideal Candidate: change as necessary
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is preferred and knowledge and/or experience of a MS is advantageous
- Due to personal care this PA must be female.
- Be physically able to assist me if required when assessing the community
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license preferred but not essential
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact Hayley Ridgway on 01202 127233
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org