Post Ref: DPLMGS
Department: Non-council vacancy
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 November 2021
Self-Employed Personal Assistant
Personal Assistant – job reference: DPLMGS
Bournemouth, BH5 area.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to help and support our Client who has moderate Vascular Dementia, macular degeneration, mild cognitive impairment, hypertension, glaucoma and is hard of hearing which affects their daily living. Also, the Client has slight balance issues and can be unstable on their feet at times.
The Clients dignity and wishes are always to be respected.
Times and days of work: 18.5 hours per week
- AM visits, 7 days per week, 1 hour Monday to Sunday, preferably start times 8.00am or 9.00am.
- PM visit, 7 days per week, 1 hour Monday to Sunday, times to be discussed
- 4.5 hours per week for shopping, domestic, cleaning and social.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure basic hygiene needs are being met which will involve supervising Client in washing, showering and washing hair. Support in undressing and dressing in clean and appropriate clothes. Supported and prompted to warm and nutritious meals. Needs to be reminded to take medication and eye drops.
- Domestic tasks such as light household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, storing, hoovering, dusting, cleaning and changing bedding. Preparing snacks, meals and hot drinks. Help in taking rubbish out.
- Encouraging and supporting Client in getting out and about in order to promote mental and physical wellbeing. Client enjoys visiting the local park and walks in the garden.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of Vascular Dementia care etc. is advantageous
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license preferable but not essential
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 123961.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for email@example.com