We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our management team at Avon View on a 4 month fixed term contract.
Avon View is located on the outskirts of Christchurch. It offers accommodation for 81 clients over 3 floors providing nursing, palliative, residential and dementia care. As Deputy Manager you will deputise a unit of up to 28 beds.
You key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Registered Manager with the daily running of the care home.
- Writing and reviewing care plans.
- Conducting the supervision of staff and assessing competencies.
- Assisting with the recruitment and induction of new staff.
- Completing audits to ensure compliance with CQC and legislation.
- Delegating tasks, overseeing duty managers, care assistants and housekeepers.
- Controlling the administration of medication ensuring accurate and reliable systems are in place.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to lead a team, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant Care regulations and legislation including Health & Safety and Adult Safeguarding.
- Knowledge of writing and reviewing personalised care plans.
- NVQ/QCF Level 4/5 in Health and Social Care/Management or equivalent.
- Competent IT skills with the ability to write reports and maintain accurate records.
The core hours will cover Monday to Friday with flexibility to meet with service needs.
What Tricuro offers:
- Career progression
- Comprehensive high-quality induction and ongoing training
- Competitive rates of pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement amounting to a minimum of 31 days, rising to 34 days with continuous service
- Bank holidays are provided as extra to your leave entitlement
Tricuro is owned by Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council and provides short and long term high quality care and support to adults, their carers and families. We have highly trained and skilled staff and offer flexibility, consistency and reliability of service which is focused on meeting the needs of people in our communities.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding job opportunity in a care environment, come and work for us. We can offer a career that adds value to the community and makes a difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
To apply please visit: Tricuro vacancies (current-vacancies.com)